45cat Logo
 Welcome Guest
 Login  :  Join 45cat   


45cat Forums  »  Using the Website  »  View Topic

Spare Records for trade or sale   


 Add Reply

  7th May 2012, 12:27 PM#1  QUOTE  REPORT  
Klemtoon

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
Why not placing a button next to the "I Own It" and "I want It":
called "I have one Extra for sale or trade"

I have many spare 45's and I am often at record fairs in Belgium and Holland or Germany. This way buyers can avoid to buy heavy priced items on ebay, trade or buy from other collectors. I'm sure lots of collectors meet eachother online via this site then and it's worthwhile to list the extra copies, so the data-base will grow.
trade, sales should happen outside of 45cat, directly between the persons.
Any thoughts about this? -- 45's get harder and harder to obtain and everybody has some 'unwanted' ones........


  7th May 2012, 12:40 PM#2  QUOTE  REPORT  
Orbiting Cat

My name is nobody.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 765
Administrator
There was a bit of discussion on this before:

http://www.45cat.com/45_forum_topic_view.php?t=1863


  7th May 2012, 12:48 PM#3  QUOTE  REPORT  
Klemtoon

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
Sorry I did not know -- I'm new here....

....still not a bad idea: Initiate through this site only.
Work out person to person...
I noticed it's impossible to contact other members.
So what if he wants one and I have that?


  7th May 2012, 12:49 PM#4  QUOTE  REPORT  
Orbiting Cat

My name is nobody.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 765
Administrator
Klemtoon wrote:
I noticed it's impossible to contact other members.
So what if he wants one and I have that?

PM (private message) system will be here very very soon!


  7th May 2012, 12:51 PM#5  QUOTE  REPORT  
Klemtoon

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
I noticed I have some extras on your wanted ones......


  8th May 2012, 9:55 AM#6  QUOTE  REPORT  
Whyperion

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5912
There is another site that you can upload you for sales to , mine though [ wow all four of them ) for now are listed on adflyer [ UK only I think ]. (I have only listed where I have seen a want ) - where I can keep cost down or on a competitor internet auction site to the present market leader [ all listed under a different name to my 45cat name], keep doing internet searches as well as other sites do throw up stuff - doesn't oxfam have a record website ? I would rather use 45cat to offer spares to persons seeking and would be happy for a percentage to go towards running the site. Of course record fairs and antique markets / boot sales do remain a good source of records in varying conditions and prices from cheap to outrageous!


  8th May 2012, 11:12 AM#7  QUOTE  REPORT  
mrformic

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
Great !
I have started a swap post before without replies, this one looks better!
My email is in my profile, please contact to exchange lists.
The "for trade" button is nice, but only if you know what you want. Browsing lists is much better for my taste, as I am finding new things there many times.



  8th May 2012, 4:49 PM#8  QUOTE  REPORT  
Oakley Boys

If I Could Turn Back Time
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2926
Moderator
Whyperion wrote:
There is another site that you can upload you for sales to , mine though [ wow all four of them ) for now are listed on adflyer [ UK only I think ]. (I have only listed where I have seen a want ) - where I can keep cost down or on a competitor internet auction site to the present market leader [ all listed under a different name to my 45cat name], keep doing internet searches as well as other sites do throw up stuff - doesn't oxfam have a record website ? I would rather use 45cat to offer spares to persons seeking and would be happy for a percentage to go towards running the site. Of course record fairs and antique markets / boot sales do remain a good source of records in varying conditions and prices from cheap to outrageous!

Oxfam does indeed have a record site...have you seen their prices?


  9th May 2012, 1:48 PM#9  QUOTE  REPORT  
nboldock

Lend me ten pounds and I'll buy you a drink.
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2134
Moderator
Oakley Boys wrote:
Whyperion wrote:
There is another site that you can upload you for sales to , mine though [ wow all four of them ) for now are listed on adflyer [ UK only I think ]. (I have only listed where I have seen a want ) - where I can keep cost down or on a competitor internet auction site to the present market leader [ all listed under a different name to my 45cat name], keep doing internet searches as well as other sites do throw up stuff - doesn't oxfam have a record website ? I would rather use 45cat to offer spares to persons seeking and would be happy for a percentage to go towards running the site. Of course record fairs and antique markets / boot sales do remain a good source of records in varying conditions and prices from cheap to outrageous!

Oxfam does indeed have a record site...have you seen their prices?

I was on it recently... but not for long! :eek:


  10th May 2012, 5:11 AM#10  QUOTE  REPORT  
Whyperion

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5912
Only mentioned in order to show I am not attempting to profit from a bit of self publicity for my own stuff ! Oxfam in Banstead today's (this months ? ) special offer 45 singles £1 each. ([CDs were £2.99ish]) Hardly any other 45s in the other charity shops in Banstead.

There is also the problem that a want may related to the picture sleeved version in unplayed condition and all I have is a C-grade juke box reject.

I would like a couple of buttons - I used to have and I am glad I got rid of it, and I used to have I now regret its passing. ( for own user use only )

Edited by Whyperion on 12th May 2012, 2:01 AM

  11th May 2012, 1:33 AM#11  QUOTE  REPORT  
The_Vinyl_Junkie

The wife: Baby pacifier, put him in a record shop
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2138
Moderator
Dr Doom I have a spare copy of this. Contact details are in my profile.


 Add Reply

45cat Forums  »  Using the Website

45cat website ©2014  :  Privacy Policy  :  Terms  :  Contact Us  :  Visit 45worlds.com  :  Like us on Facebook  :